Knauf plasterboard is a rectangular material which is composed of two layers of special cardboard with a layer of gypsum paste with reinforcing additives.A gypsum binder (G4) is used to form a core in accordance with GOST 125-79.
Another important component of Knauf gypsum plasterboards is a linerboard, whose grip with the core is ensured by the use of adhesive additives. Cardboard performs a role of a reinforcing frame and a basis for the application of any finishing material (plaster, wallpaper, paint, ceramic tile, etc.). By its physical and hygienic properties, these boards are ideal for any type of premises.
Knauf gypsum boards are produced in accordance with GOST 6266-97 and also meet German standards (DIN 18 180).
At each Knauf board, there are some certain symbols, which consist of:
alphabetic reference of a type of a board;
designations of group of a board;
designations like longitudinal edges of a board;
the figures designating the nominal length, width and thickness of a board in millimeters;
An example fro symbolic identification of gypsum building board with a semicircular thinned edge, 2500 mm long, 1200 mm wide and 12.5 mm thick:
Gypsum building board GB type A GOST 32614-2012 (EN 520: 2009) PLUK 12,5-1200-2500.
It is used for the arrangement of light interior partitions, ceilings, walls, buildings and premises with dry and normal humidity conditions SNIP 23-02-2003, as well as for the manufacture of decorative and sound-absorbing products.
The application process includes following milestones:
• The layout of projected design, consisting of KNAUF gypsum boards (GB-A).
• Frame installation of Knauf profile for fastening Knauf boards (GB-A)
• Installation and fixing of KNAUF bpards (GB-A) on the frame.
• Sealing of joints between KNAUF boards (GB-A) and the recesses of screws by KNAUF Fugen putty.
• Priming the surface for finishing cover.
• Before installation, KNAUF boards (GB-A) must undergo mandatory acclimatization (adaptation) indoors.
• The edges of KNAUF gypsum boards (GB-A) have a rectangular shape, and while setting up a seam it’s better to remove the chamfer (approximately on 1/3 of board’s thickness).
For more information on the application of KNAUF sheets, please click on the information sheet 0101 in the "Downloads" section and check the technical data D11.
• Uncomfortable "wet” processes are excluded when using Knauf gypsum boards (GB-A)
• Significantly increases productivity
• The opportunity of realization of multiple architectural solutions, including curved surfaces
• Achieve total savings in construction costs by facilitating the construction of the building.
• Provides not only environmental friendliness, but also safe and healthy indoor climate.
• The material does not contain toxic components and has an acidity similar to the acidity of the human skin.
• Has the ability to breathe, that is, to absorb excess moisture and release it into the deficient environment
• Meets the stringent world standards.
• cardboard color: grey
• marking color: blue
• Edge type: semicircular thinned edge
• Dimensions: 2500x1200x12,5 mm
• Mass: 25 kg
• Packaging: pack of 50 boards (150m2)
Nominal geometrical dimensions of Knauf boards
• Length: from 2000 to 4000 mm
• Width: 600, 1200 mm
• Thickness: 6.5; 8; 9.5; 12.5; 14; 16 mm
KNAUF gypsum boards (GB-A) are allotted into following groups based on the specific properties:
G1 (flammability in accordance with GOST 30244);
B2 (inflammability in accordance with GOST 30402);
D1 (smoke-generating ability in accordance with GOST 12.1.044);
T1 (toxicity in accordance with GOST 12.1.044).