Knauf Moisture Resistant Gypsum Boards (MR) is gypsum wallboards manufactured specifically for use in areas of humidity and exposure to moisture. Knauf moisture resistant plasterboard sheet is a rectangular material which is composed of two layers of special cardboard with a layer of gypsum paste with reinforcing additives.They are available with different types of edges. The main ones are: direct, thinned, semicircular and thinned from the front side.
A gypsum binder (G4) is used to form a core in accordance with GOST 125-79.
Another important component of Knauf moisture-resistant plasterboard sheets (gypsum plasterboard) is a linerboard, whose grip with the core is ensured by the use of adhesive additives. Cardboard performs a role of a reinforcing frame and a basis for the application of any finishing material (plaster, wallpaper, paint, ceramic tile, etc.). By its physical and hygienic properties, these boards are ideal for any type of premises.
It differs from the usual Knauf sheets with a special cardboard, as well as hydrophobic and anti-fungal additives in its core material.
Knauf Gypsum moisture resistant sheets are produced in accordance with GOST 6266-97 and also meet German standards (DIN 18 180).
At each Knauf sheet (gypsum plasterboard), there are some certain symbols, which consist of:
alphabetic reference of a type of a board;
designations of group of a board;
designations like longitudinal edges of a board;
the figures designating the nominal length, width and thickness of a board in millimeters;
designations of the standard.
Knauf Moisture Resistant Gypsum Boards (MR - H2) are standard performance gypsum boards used as the cladding component of drywall constructions in humid areas such as: Partition or Ceilings of Kitchens/Bathrooms Wall Linings/Furrings in Kitchens/Bathrooms Partitions with tiled finish requirements Any internal area which is exposed to humidity.
The application process includes following milestones:
• The layout of projected design of gypsum from KNAUF moisture resistant construction sheets (gypsum plasterboards).
• frame installation of Knauf profile for fastening Knauf moisture resistant gypsum plasterboard sheets
• Installation and fixing of KNAUF moisture resistant plasterboard sheets on the frame.
• Sealing of joints between KNAUF moisture resistant plasterboards and the recesses of screws by KNAUF Fugenfyuller putty.
• Priming the surface for finishing cover.
• Before installation, KNAUF moisture resistant plasterboards must undergo mandatory acclimatization (adaptation) indoors.
• The edges of KNAUF moisture resistant plasterboards have a rectangular shape, and while setting up a seam it’s better to remove the chamfer (approximately on 1/3 of board’s thickness).
For more information on the application of KNAUF sheets, please click on the information sheet 0101 in the "Downloads" section and check the technical data D11.
• Uncomfortable "wet” processes are excluded when using Knauf moisture resistant sheets (MR-H2)
• The opportunity of realization of multiple architectural solutions, including curved surfaces
• Achieve total savings in construction costs by facilitating the construction of the building.
• Provides not only environmental friendliness, but also safe and healthy indoor climate.
• The material does not contain toxic components and has an acidity similar to the acidity of the human skin.
• It has a low moisture absorption through the use of special hydrophobic additives and cardboard.
• Has the ability to breathe, that is, to absorb excess moisture and release it into the deficient environment
• Meets the stringent world standards.
• cardboard color: green
• marking color: blue
• Edge type: semicircular thinned edge
• Dimensions: 2500x1200x12,5 mm
• Mass: 25 kg
• Packaging: pack of 50 boards (150m2)
Nominal geometrical dimensions of Knauf boards
• Length: from 2000 to 4000 mm
• Width: 600, 1200 mm
• Thickness: 6.5; 8; 9.5; 12.5; 14; 16 mm
Moisture-resistant gypsum boards are allotted into following groups based on the specific properties:
G1 (flammability in accordance with GOST 30244);
B3 (inflammability in accordance with GOST 30402);
D1 (smoke-generating ability in accordance with GOST 12.1.044);
T1 (toxicity in accordance with GOST 12.1.044).